Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 4, "The day I saw a lizard"

I slept in today, I woke up a little before 8. I also was able to stay awake at morning prayer, mostly at noonday prayer (I may have dozed off for less than five seconds) and evening prayer, I even stayed awake for all of the large bible study group. In the small group section we discussed the topic and then one of the members who had just finished reading the bible in 79 days asked me and the group (she wanted to hear what everyone though but was especially interested in my answers since it came out I'm a seminarian) questions about it and I was able to answer them all fairly well.
For work projects we sorted recycling, it was kind of gross digging through the bags (fortunately most only contained recycling, although some had actual trash in them). Afterwards we sat around having tea and snacks and it came out that I was going to be a priest (God willing, the people consenting and the creek don't rise) and one of the permanents in charge of our work group couldn't get his mind around that because of that tattoos.
After Oyak Ian, Raechel and I walked down to the silent church. Iw as hoping to take pictures but there was someone there so I was only able to get some of the outside. It's so amazing in there, the silence is so palpable.
I'm thinking about spending the last two days in silence. It seems like it could be great but I'll be removed from the community somewhat, which is a big draw. I think it won't be so bad though, mainly the people I've gotten to know came on the trip from RI or are leaving tomorrow anyway. There's a meeting about it tomorrow so I'll decide then.
Also, I saw a lizard when I was walking to get some caffeine today. It was pretty small but pretty cool.

No comments: