Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 5, "The day I stopped talking"

Today was one of those days that seems both very long and yet very short. I was exhausted all morning. I stayed awake through everything (with the exception of a slight doze off for a couple seconds at morning prayer) but it was rough. I took a nap after lunch and woke up just in time for work projects but felt awful beginning them. Today Laura, Raechel and I worked with the same guy I've been working with all week (also found out his name, Hauke) and we checked a bunch of the unassembled tents to see if they needed to be cleaned or repaired (most needed at least one, a bunch needed both). We did this as an effort to begin organizing the storage shed they're kept in. By the end of this I felt much better and fully wake and time has flown by since then.
After that there was a meeting for people thinking about spending the final days here in silence and then a meeting for all the Americans (there's about 20 of us, maybe a few less). I decided to spend the final few days in silence so after dinner I moved all my stuff down to the silent house (it's much nicer than the dorms). Before I did that one of the American girls we met at the American meeting ate dinner with a bunch of the RI group. We talked for a while afterwards and she seemed pretty cool. I realized that she's the first person outside of the the RI group, work group and small group that I've had an actual conversation with.
After evening prayer I came back and settled into the silent house and then walked over to the silent church and took some pictures.

No comments: