Sunday, May 24, 2009

Traveling & Day 1, "The day the bus never came"

We left Logan at 7pm and finally got to Taize at about the same time the next day local time. A bust was supposed to bring us from Lyon Airport to Taize so we'd arrive at around 1pm but it never showed and we had to take a shuttle to a train station to a bust station so we could bus to Taize arriving six hours behind schedule. We got there though and that's what matters.
After arriving I felt awful until I took a shower and brushed my teeth. After that I felt great and almost made it through all of evening prayer without falling asleep. Starting tomorrow I'll be a contact person for one of the small break away groups from the larger bible study groups and I will work in the afternoons doing 'practical jobs' (assembling tents and such).

No comments: