Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 10, "The day I could see Canterbury Cathedral but couldn't quite get there"

Last time I came to Taize the night before we left Lyon I could not sleep and ended up getting maybe an hour or two. This time I was able to get maybe three. Last time it wasn't that big of a deal because I was traveling in a group and only had to switch planes at one point. Today I had to take the picadilly line to hammersmith, get of and jump on the District line to Victoria then get a ticket and find the right gate for the train to Canterbury. There was a lot of room for error if I were to nod off at the wrong time. I made it though, the place is beautiful and the little neighborhood outside the cathedral seems neat.
I haven't done much since getting here, being quite exhausted. I took a small walk outside the gate but mainly just settled into my room. I've got a west facing window and I can see the liturgical south (and actual south) side of the cathedral from the window (which has a little bench to sit on and enjoy the view).
I'm excited for the program but I also miss home. This should be great though. I'm hoping tomorrow to get up early and go to Matins and Eucharist, we'll see how tired I am though (and if the alarm clock widget I installed tonight works).

No comments: