Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 24, "The day I had ice cream"

Today we finished up Philippians in the morning then looked at how the logic of the Christ hymn can be seen elsewhere in Paul's writings. After lunch we had the afternoon off so I went to the gift shop and got a gift for Max and a piece of stained glass for myself.
After that Paul and I got some ice cream right outside the gate. Tonight after dinner there was the exchanging of gifts (we were all told to bring a small gift representing us and where we're from). I ended up getting a really cool black rock from the shore of Newfoundland from Paul and ended up giving my old taize cross that I got from Roy Green on my first Happening weekend to Anne (the way it worked was we gave our gift to the person to our left, and I happened to be seated between the Canadians). The rock is really cool and Anne seemed to really appreciate the cross and the explanation behind it so I think it worked out well. After this a bunch of us went out to the Bishops Finder for one last pint with Hector, Anne and Paul as they are all leaving tomorrow. It was a good time and I'm really glad to have had the time to get to know them.

No comments: