Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 30, "The day the tube station was on fire"

Well I slept in this morning and when I went to get the 10 o'clock shuttle to the tube station at the airport it never came so I had to get the 10:40. When I finally got to the airport the station at terminals 1,2&3 was closed and I needed to find a train that went over to terminal 4 or 5. When I finally got to terminal 5 and got onto the tube they announced that terminals 1,2&3 had reopened so we'd be stopping there. Awesome.
Well because of all the delays I headed straight to Westminster Abbey and attended their 12:30 Eucharist. It was really odd because there were all these tourists walking around the side of the nave. When we went up to the rail there were people standing off to the side watching us which felt really odd.
After the service I walked up to Trafalgar square again. I made my way over to a Starbucks got a beverage and sat for a little bit and then headed back early again so I could get prepared to leave in the morning.
It's been a great 30 days and I've really enjoyed everything but am ready to go home now. I can't wait for a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee...

No comments: