Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 28, "The day I saw the tree of life"

I got into London about the same time as yesterday and headed right over to St. Paul's Cathedral to inquire about the event Dean Willis told me to go to, turns out it was by ticket only and very exclusive. I then headed over to the London Museum. That was really cool. It had stuff from this area that was thousands of years old, including some human bones. After I was there for about twenty minutes a free tour was announced looking at all the religious and superstitious stuff. The tour was pretty good, although the guide had some wrong information at times but nothing major. After this I headed over to the British Museum. This place was huge and packed with people. It was filled with lots of cool old stuff as well though. I really liked the tree of life in the Africa exhibit. It was made out of old gun pieces. Once I left here I wandered around the city for a while and got a pasty at a little shop in the entrance to the underground. I eventually made my way back to St. Paul's and saw the closing out of the St. John's Ambulance stuff. I then went in for Evensong. The inside of the cathedral was breathtaking, the colors are just so vibrant. Evensong was alright, I still prefer Canterbury Cathedral's though.

No comments: