Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 22, "The day I talked with the Dean of Canterbury Cathedral about Rhode Island"

There was nothing scheduled today. So I read until church at 11. After church I talked with some locals and then with the Dean for a bit (when he found out I was from RI he started talking about a friend who has a retirement home there), he seems like such a great dude, very into what he is doing. This afternoon Kathy organized a conversation with the Arch-deacon and one of the Canons about the place of women in the Anglican Communion. It was alright, nothing outstanding though.
The day was pretty relaxed. Did a lot of reading and hanging around with folks. I got a bunch of video footage of people singing choruses in the computer room, hopefully I'll figure out how to get it online. Tomorrow we head to Bishopbourne, the town where Hooker served and is buried now. The program ends in a few days, it doesn't seem like it's been that long. I'm really glad I did this, it's been amazing and I've met some really awesome people.

No comments: