Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 29, "The day I gave up my seat to Apollo and his children"

This morning on the tube ride into the city a family with three little girls got on when there were no available seats so myself and a couple other guys near me got up for them to be able to sit. After a couple minutes I realized the guy looked really familiar and another minute or so of trying to place him I realized he looked exactly like Lee Odama. So when I got back that night I checked it out on the interwebs and he's British and has three young daughters. After this thrilling tube ride I went to St. Paul's Cathedral and met up with David and his wife for the sung eucharist. The service was pretty good, the building is amazing but I strongly dislike sound systems in churches and this one sounded very much like a sound system (but we were able to hear everything in such a large place so we gotta be thankful for that). Afterwards we went to a pub nearby for lunch. It was really good to be able to interact with people in depth. It's been pretty lonely these past couple of days wandering about by myself.
After lunch we parted ways and I decided to head over and check out covent gardens. It was pretty neat. I didn't stay too long but walked around a little bit and checked out some of the kiosks in the apple market. There were a bunch of street performers around, some musicians and some other acts (one guy was juggling knives while balancing about 10 feet up on a ladder). After a little bit here I decided to call it a day early and head back in as I was beat from the past couple days of walking around the city.

No comments: